Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Community Message has been issued by the Saint Paul Fire Department.

Wednesday March 24, 2010 4:44 PM EDT

This feature we call "Fire & EMS Blotter" is a weekly update of the activities of the Saint Paul Fire Department.

During the week of March 10 thru March 16, the Saint Paul Fire Department responded to 616 emergency calls. Here is a sampling of some of the emergency and non-emergency activities from information provided by the fire department.

Elevator Rescue – Firefighters rescued a person trapped in an elevator inside a hospital on Veteran's Dr., March 18 at 2:53p.

Motorcycle Accident – On March 18 at 6:00p, paramedics responded to a motorcycle accident on Interstate 94 at Western Ave. The motorcyclist had struck a mattress lying on the freeway. He was treated for his injuries and transported to a hospital.

Stabbing – Paramedics responded to a business at Snelling Ave. N. and Spruce Tree Ave. for a 28 year old man who had been stabbed multiple times. He was given advanced life support treatment and transported to the hospital.

Trapped in Machinery – A 60 year old man's arm was trapped in a conveyor belt in the 100 block of Kellogg Blvd. E. on March 20 at 8:58a. After he was rescued him from the machine, he was treated and transported to the hospital.

Apartment Fire – A resident who was carelessly burning incense caused a fire on the windowsill of the apartment building in the 1900 block of Burns Ave. on March 20 at 8:28p. Fire damage was minor.

Burns – A 57 year old man was burned on his face when he was smoking while using oxygen in his home in the900 block of Carroll Ave. Paramedics responded at 6:42a on March 21, treated his injuries, and transported him to the hospital.

Dwelling Fire – Careless smoking appears to be the cause of a fire in a duplex dwelling. Firefighters were called to the home in the 1000 block of Front Ave. on March 21 at 12:10p. There was a small fire in the window well. Damage was minor.

Stabbing – On March 22 at 4:18p, paramedics responded to Edgerton St. and Jenks Ave. for a 19 year old man who had been stabbed. He was treated and transported to the hospital.

Gas Leak – Firefighters were called to an apartment building in the 300 block of Grand Ave. on March 22 at 11:06p for an odor of natural gas. A resident had turned on the gas oven and fell asleep. The oven did not light but let gas into the building. Firefighters turned off the oven and were able to ventilate the building without ignition of the gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment